Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ready For Love


Take my hand and lead the way;
tell me all you want to say.
Whisper softly in my ear,
all they things i want to hear.
Kiss my lips and touch my skin;
bring out passions deep within.
Pull me close and hold me near;
take away my pain and fear.
In the darkness of the night,
be my beacon, shine your light.
In the brightness of the sun;
show me that you are the one.
Give me wings so i can fly,
for I can soar when your nearby.
Enter my heart, break down the wall,
its time for me to watch it fall.
I've been a prisoner, can't you see?
Break my chains and set me free.
Strip me of my armor tight;
you'll find i wont put up a fight.
Release my soul help deep within...
I'm ready now, let love begin.

2 comments:

  1. The was my life up until recently, sadly that is no more... nice poem though

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who's "ready for love' I appreciate these words right here... Especially the "I've been a prisoner, can't you see?/Break my chains and set me free." Line, I'm always on guard. Great Read!!!

    ReplyDelete